Sunday 13 September 2015

~~~ distressed baby ~~~

It is always a joyous time to welcome babies into the family.



This card is a 6 x 6" top fold.
I distressed each of the layers (a technique I rarely use)
There is a foam sheet between the cream mat & 1st layer and between the 1st patterned layer & the cluster of smaller layers to give the distressing a little more pop.

Products used for this card include:
  • PION Design Sweet Baby - Pink Forget Me Not 12x12 paper
  • PION Design Sweet Baby - Baby Girl 12x12 paper
  • Kaisercraft Paper Blooms - Dusty Pink
  • Ruby Rock-It Arcadia Trimmings - crochet ribbon
  • Helmar 450 Quick Dry - liquid adhesive to secure all the layers, flowers and ribbon
  • Craft foam sheet

          I have entered my card in the following challenges:          

*********************************

hosted by Darnell J. Knauss on her Blog djkardcreations.com
The theme is Anything Goes
Entries close 11:55pm PST Friday 18th September 2015

The NBUS items I used include:
  • the crochet ribbon - I have had this in my stash for at least three years
  • the flowers have been in my stash for several years too, they're from back in the days when I was focussed on scrapbooking
  • the PION Design Papers - I have never used this brand before ... such lovely quality
*********************************

The challenge is to make any project you would give or make for a kid.
  
 

Entries close 12pm Arizona MST Sunday 13th September

*********************************

The challenge is to use the chart below and make a project with 3 in a row!
link to Crafty Gals Corner Blog
Link to Challenge #36 Bingo!
  My card used:
- flowers
- ribbon
- layers 2+
{{ much more than 2 layers, if you include the base & foam it is TEN layers }}

Entries close 12pm CST Tuesday 15th September

*********************************

11 comments:

  1. Oh my.. such an elegant and precious card! I really love it.. it's so delicate. Thanks for playing with us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Giorgia DTM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Giorgia :)
      It was fun to try my hand at distressing, the paper is so thick that the edges look soft and cosy in person.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done!! Love how it looks so vintage! Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Steph :)
      Vintage is a new to me style and I think it could become quite addictive.

      Delete
  3. This beauty had better win something-it is absolutely gorgeous. WTG girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth :)
      It is very different to my usual style, I struggled when really it should have been so quick and easy, maybe next time it will go faster ... yes, there will be a next time, might have to make one for me to keep and a spare for my stash!
      Thank You for cheering me on, keeping my fingers crossed on the challenge front :)

      Delete
  4. Love this card. The post title made me laugh. Distressed Baby. LOL I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609811249/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jean :)
      ... it must have been late when I posted it and didn't think it through all that well!!! It was a bit distressing to make though, completely outside my comfort zone, but now I've tried it again, I look forward to distressing more.

      Delete
  5. Tracy this is so beautiful and soft! Perfect for a baby. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner's Bingo Challenge. Lisa DT
    In The Crafting Cave with Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lisa :)
      It was definitely outside my comfort zone and challenging to make but I do love it ... your description of "soft" is so right, the distressed layers really are soft, as are the colours.

      Delete
  6. What an adorable baby card! Your distressing is amazing, Tracy, and so is your use of NBUS! Thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ so long ago! I'm sorry that my nursing duties have made me so late to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.