Monday 28 September 2015

Friends are like snowflakes...


Friends are like snowflakes,
all different and all beautiful.

This beautiful sentiment was calling out for a sparkling snowflake card.  I was originally going to make a shaker but I was feeling in a sparkly mood today, so I have made my 1st ever snowflake easel card.  There are five snowflakes on top of the base panel, so technically there are 5 1/2 snowflakes if you include the blue part of the base where it is adhered to.
I took each snow flake, painted glue on with a fine brush then smothered with glitter.
I cut a piece of foam to put between each layer of the snowflake & sentiment panel for extra dimension.

I WISH you could see how sparkly it is in real life.

Here is the front open view.

Side view to show the easel fold and dimension.

Here are a couple of views of the sentiment, being a shimmery silver, it was quite difficult to get a good shot ... might try again tomorrow out in the daylight.
I confess that it took several attempts before I was happy with the sentiment.  I used my Fiskars Stamp Press to mount the stamp and placed a mousepad under my cardstock.  At first I tried it with white inks but they were quite uneven and do you think I could find my white gel pen or Prisma pencil to give it a bit more pop?  No, of course not!  This was my 2nd attempt with the silver ink, a luscious, crisp image that I was thrilled with.  The 1st attempt was on the textured side of the cardstock, so I couldn't expect it to be perfect, especially with such delicate detail.


 Closed view ... looks like it will need a chunky envelope.

I hope you like my sparkling snowflake easel card.

I have several friends who this would be perfect for, so I might have to make some more.

Ingredients:
This beautiful sentiment stamp is from Quietfire Designs.
The ink is Fiskars High Density Pigment Ink "The Good Silver".
Fiskars Stamp Press to mount the stamp - I highly recommend this, it really helps getting an even, crisp image.
The ornate panel for the sentiment is from the Kaisercraft Nesting Decorative Frames.  (I traced the outside of the die used for the sentiment panel and fussy cut to make the mat.)
The sparkling snow is American Crafts WOW! Extra Fine White Glitter.
I used Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue to adhere the glitter.
I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry to adhere the foam and cardstock layers together.

          I have entered my card in the following challenges:          

*********************************

For this week's challenge you must create a project using a rubber or clear stamp
AND
leave comments on the associated Blog Hop (links in the challenge post).
I used a red rubber sentiment stamp.


Don't forget to head on over and check it out, even if you don't plan on joining the challenge, the Blog Hop is FILLED with FABULOUS INKY INSPIRATION!!!
Entries close 8am Ohio time Monday 28th September. 

*********************************

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #38 - Sparkle & Glitter
I have used bundles of sparkling white glitter on each layer of my snowflake and under the sentiment panel.  ... I have also spread sparkle right through the house, it makes me smile but my husband isn't all that excited about it!!!

Entries close 12pm CST Tuesday 29th Sep-15

*********************************
The challenge was to use no patterned paper.
I used sheets of plain textured card stock
Entries close 8am EST Wednesday 30th Sep-15

*********************************
This card is a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store and is my 2nd project using my Silhouette Cameo.  HERE is the link to the file.
I have to confess that it felt very different making my card on the computer, cutting on the Cameo then adhering the layers, VERY IMPRESSED with the design and the CLEAN, DELICATE CUTTING.  I look forward to learning more about it over the coming weeks / months, so that I can make my own designs with it.

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty easel card. The snowflake makes a beautiful statement as the focal point of your lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great take on an easel card - fantastic!
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative!! fab interactive element :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much sparkle and shine! I love this. I bet it is fabulous in person!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Sparkle and Glitter challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is just too cute, Tracy...I've never a snowflake easel before. I'll be borrowing this idea from you and I'm your latest follower. :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Asha :)
      Thank You for coming over to visit too, glad you like my easel, it really is fun to make and so pretty in real life, I know it will be a pleasure to send. I'm hoping to be crafting more regularly now and look forward to seeing you again!!!

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.