Friday 2 October 2015

30 Day Colouring Challenge - Day 1

This month I am going to try to improve my stamping and colouring skills.
I will be playing along with

challenge_graphic-4-animated-650-october
Each day Kathy will be sharing different colouring techniques, products and projects.
During the challenge, we are all encouraged to colour something every day.

FULL details and links are listed at the end of this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1
In preparation for joining the challenge,
I'm excited to report that my latest crafty additions are

and a
The links above take you to the Simon Says Stamp online store, so that you can see the products that I'm talking about.  I actually purchased mine from my LSS here in Australia but I do purchase product from SSS too and recommend them as an online supplier.

OK, I should have asked more questions about what ink pads to use with these pens because I found out the hard way that Memento Tuxedo Black is the WRONG one!

I have to confess that my 1st attempt is rather tragic, with the black ink bleeding quite badly.  Sure hope my clear and yellow pens recover from my misadventure ...

Here is a pic to show my "warts and all" experience.


TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY,
so I plan on doing my homework tonight and try my hand colouring with them again.

Even with my INKY MISTAKE, I am THRILLED with the pens,
the colours are really VIBRANT and they have a GORGEOUS sparkle too,
so I know they will be a pleasure to work with them.

PS - the cute toucan is from the Waffle Flower Hibiscus Stamp Set
and he was the innocent victim of my colouring adventure today!!!




DON'T FORGET TO ADD
    SOME COLOUR TO YOUR DAY :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some links that will help you if you want to join the colouring fun:

Kathy's Blog - The Daily Marker

Kathy's Blog Post with all the details about
The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Kathy's DAY ONE Blog Post
The Daily Marker Day 1
this is the one you link your projects to if you want to share your colouring adventures
don't forget to include the following hashtag
 
#thedailymarker30day3

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to play along with Kathy's challenge this month too, Tracy. It's all about learning and trying something new right? Be sure to share how you doctored up your boo boo! I also wanted to thank you for your recent visit to my blog via the Craftin Desert Divas hop. I appreciate your encouraging comments very much! Hope you have a great day and have some time to color! xx Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful project!! :)
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog!
    Be sure to check it out: http://fridayfinally.blogspot.it/2015/10/merry-christmouse-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.