Friday 12 February 2016

A Valentine Anniversary

We have some friends celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day this year and what better way to celebrate their special day than with a lovebird shadowbox card!



The cool thing about shadowbox cards is that they fold flat for mailing and open up into an exciting dimensional scene - WOW!





I used my Silhouette Cameo and the 
cut file by Daniela Angelova from the Silhouette Design Store

Here is the back of the card

I used my clear Wink Of Stella to add sparkle to the red panel, to all of the hearts in the patterned paper and the sentiments on the back of the card... the sparkle really is quite lovely but quite challenging to photograph, all I can say is I AM ADDICTED to Wink Of Stella SPARKLE!!!
It was such a PLEASURE to colour the sentiments and cut panel using the LUSCIOUS brush tip.
PS - I have to confess that this would have looked much better
if I had used smooth cardstock, so I will remember for next time.

Ingredients:
SPARKLE - ZIG - Clear Wink of Stella

I have entered my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Here is the magazine cover for this week's inspiration
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 132 Inspiration Piece (image)  
Apart from being inspired by the magazine photo, in honour of Valentine's Day, this challenge also requires the papercraft project to include the colour red and / or a heart.
I was inspired by the mainly white with a pop of red and the snake-like scrolls of the swirling armbands.  Her folded arms on top of her head & the red stripes the magazine name are mimicked by the red arches the love birds are sitting on.  The red hearts are actually the negative space of the white front panel, there is a heart in his wing and I also added some tiny white hearts.
Love this inspiration, hoping to get some doodling action happening this weekend too.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Grab Our Badge!
This week the challenge is "Love is in the air!" - just add a heart to your project, it doesn't have to be a Valentine's.
My entry is a Wedding Anniversary card for some friends who were married on Valentine's Day thirteen years ago and it has several hearts, both cut out hearts and heart shaped negatives.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The Daily Marker
Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge
#thedailymarker30day
It's probably stretching things by calling my Wink Of Stella SPARKLE "colouring", but it is the first colouring I have done for the month and I look forward to using it to add finishing touches to stamped & coloured images over the coming days, now that I have some Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink Pad ready & waiting for a watercolour workout.  I was excited to see Wink Of Stella used for ink blending recently and I'm looking forward to giving it a try too.

IMG_0796

The Details of Kathy's challenge can be found HERE if you want to join the colouring fun.

~~~*~~~*~~~

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You Jennifer :)
      I'm looking forward to trying new techniques and products this year AND learning to use my Cameo too.

      Delete
  2. Tracy, I LOVE this! This one is going in my inspiration folder. I especially like that it folds flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is far more beautiful in person!!! Thank you so much Tracy - for being our friend and remembering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card- I love the fold you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dimension and that these fold flat, very cute birdies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.