Monday 29 February 2016

inky hugs

Yes, even more Distress Ink Lifting!
I tell you, this technique is addictive
and when I get some more Distress Inks, I will be trying it again.



 Here is a close-up to show the glossy dimension of the heat embossed sentiment and the sparkle of the Wink Of Stella on the leaves & flowers.


I stamped some smooth cardstock using flowers and leaves from the Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya stamp set and Winnie & Walter A Tree For All Seasons using Versamark Ink.
I heat embossed the panel using sparkling clear embossing powder.
Then I applied the Distress Ink Lifting technique to the panel.
Full details on this technique, along with links to the tutorial where I learnt it, can be found here.
Clear Wink Of Stella adds a wonderful sparkle and pop to the coloured images.

I die cut the "hugs" using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Hugs Cutaway.  I heat embossed the die cut four times using white embossing powder to give a lucsious, glossy finish.  I squished the happy into my Versamark Ink Pad thoroughly each time before applying the embossing powder.  I adhered my hugs using foam dots.
Distress Inks used include Chipped Sapphire, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade.  Note - I DO NOT recommend using a Distress Ink Marker for this technique - it is difficult and time consuming to get a solid, even coverage AND it doesn't do the nib much good either.



This card is 6 1/2 x 6 1/2" ... once again, I just couldn't cut my panel down to a "normal" size.  To make it into a top fold card, I cut two panels, scored the back one at 3/4" and adhered them together using a strong liquid adhesive.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- I used stamps to create my background,
W&W In Bloom - Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya
W&W A Tree For All Seasons 

- I used flowers & leaves from two different stamp sets to create my card,
W&W In Bloom - Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya
W&W - 
A Tree For All Seasons

- I have used lots of flowers and leaves to create my background,
W&W In Bloom - Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya


~~~*~~~*~~~

Simon Says Stamp Blog
Work It Wednesday February - use something floral
Simon Says Stamp Blog
My floral is the stamped flowers & leaves.

~~~*~~~*~~~

1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.