Tuesday 22 March 2016

MORE Get Well Wishes . . . Spring Coffee Lovers Style

Have you heard about the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop?
#SpringCLH
In summary:
The Blog Hop runs
from 6am Pacific Friday 18th March to 11:55pm Pacific Friday 25th March
EVERYONE is invited to share a newly created SPRING themed project that includes coffee, tea &/or coffee inspired designs.
Full details, with the link to enter your projects, can be found on the

No, you're not seeing things, I have made two more Get Well Soon cards using my Silhouette Cameo.
... I can't believe that I don't have any coffee or tea stamps and dies in my stash, until I do I will have to build up my library to do some electronic cutting.

The design is the "5x5 Get Well Soon" card by Daniela Angelova
purchased from the Silhouette Design Store.
This time I used a reddish brown cardstock and added a pop of colour with red and orange bling to the flowers.  Instead of using a bone folder to burnish the cut edges, I made a sandwhich with several sheets of paper as a shim and smoothed everything down with one pass, quick and easy and no shiny edges.  (I think starting off my die cutting adventures using metal dies has got me addicted to the super smooth edges, I'm still getting used to electronic cutting with my Silhouette Cameo, maybe one day I will be able to resist giving each piece a Big Shot SQUISH to finish it off ... time will tell.)

 

I have double matted inside each card.  Apart from giving it a nice finish, it reminds me (or whoever gets to write inside) not to write where it would be visible when the card is closed, it gives the card a nice weight, helping it to stand tall and firm.

I hope you enjoyed my cards and get inspired to join the caffeinated fun with fellow tea & coffee lovers, create a project and share it with everyone in the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.

Looking forward to seeing what you create :)


I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

12661786_10208877635328742_1011373880191829209_n
As you have read above, the challenge is to create a SPRING themed project that includes coffee, tea &/or coffee inspired designs.

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog
The challenge title says it all and my cards include a steaming hot cuppa.

~~~*~~~*~~~

45 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,instant getting well when receiving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have something like you cameo-cutting machine, but it sure make wonderfull cards Tracy.
    A great get well card...like the idea you used of cutting the cup and steam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the design of this card...that curved edge looks sooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning...love the cut of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your get well cards! The cup is fancy and the steam against the dark really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more lovely cards, Tracy using that cup! Happy Tuesday and Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, how resourceful of you to use your Silhouette cuts. My first coffee card used a TINY cup stamp that was part of something else. Nice colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More beautiful cards! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a wonderful job making these pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just plain awesome. Love the bold look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect way to say get well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are still cute. Nice to send to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how beautiful and creative these cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are classy coffee cards for sure! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card, the cup of coffee looks fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards for the coffee challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards for the coffee challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I adore these! What a great idea to incorporate the coffee theme into a get well card! Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shaped edge! Perfect get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous use of your Silhouette! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card - what a fun design. Also like your idea of adding the mat for writing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet cards!! Perfect card to wish some one well!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful design! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great cut file! I love the boldness of the steam coming out and love that shade of red that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tracy... I don't have very many coffee stamps either. But I love what you did to improvise. These are great cards. Love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like it in red or black. Love the border cut like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.