Sunday 29 May 2016

red, white and blue . . . Aussie style

Yes, we love our red, white and blue Down Under too!!!


How fun is this patterned paper?

I wanted to have the sentiment POP but I didn't want to have a big, solid sentiment panel covering the patterned paper, so I combined a CAS design with this vellum-filled speech bubble.  The die cuts out the speech bubble "frame", so I traced the speech bubble on to vellum then fussy cut it out, adhered the blue frame on top then put a fine line of Tombow Mono Multi glue along the edge of the vellum to adhere the sentiment speech bubble securely in place on the card.

The "happy" is two offset layers of the Winnie & Walter In A Word Happy Cutaway.
The sparkling Australia Day are glitter alpha stickers.


I matted the layers of this 5"x7" card using my Perfect Layers Rulers.

Ingredients:
Bella - Australiana paper pad
(sorry, no links, this is a really old favourite, I confess that I have several of these pads that I've been hoarding in the 4.5"x6.5" to 8"x8" and 12"x12" sizes)
Kaisercraft - Navy Weave Cardstock
Kaisercraft - Scarlet Weave Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp - Life Bubble Vertical 2 craft die
(speech bubble) ... tried to link but can only find the horizontal one in stock at SSS
Winnie & Walter - In A Word: Happy Cutaway
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive (to adhere matted layers)
Tombow Mono Multi Glue (to adhere speech bubble & "happy")

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges
~~~*~~~*~~~
Our Blog Badge

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog   Simon Says Stamp

~~~*~~~*~~~
Hiding In My Craft Room
my holiday is Australia Day
hidinginmycraftroom.com

~~~*~~~*~~~
Crafty Gals Corner
Grab Our Badge!

~~~*~~~*~~~
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog
Challenge: Make a Wish
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog  Simon Says Stamp
~~~*~~~*~~~

5 comments:

  1. Love all the layers! beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says MOnday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Tracy - I love your background especially! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you can see the pattern through the vellum! Such a great idea!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Aussie card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.