Saturday 30 July 2016

MORE Christmas Heels

I was so grateful to get such sweet feedback about my original Christmas Heels card (details here) that I thought I would make another one to go on an overseas adventure in time for Christmas.




This time I was much more experienced with using Glossy Accents.  I used my piercing tool to apply and drag the liquid into the finest of points.  I also applied a thicker coat to give (hopefully) a glossier, more even finish.  After being disappointed with the slight "cracking" at some of the edges when I fussy cut the last pair, I fussy cut the image before applying it this time.

... looking at this close-up, I'm thinking that I should make some more holly leaves and pop them for some extra dimension and "smooth" the edge where it touches the Glossy Accents => added it to my to-do list.

I used the black sentiment to tie in with the black of the image outline but this time I layered the "christmas" with a glossy red, so that the black became a shadow.

What do you think, better with or without the red layer?
Should I add it to the "happy" too?
Stick with just the black next time?
... I'm sure I will be making some more of these and look forward to your feedback.


Ingredients:
Bugaboo Stamps - digital stamp - Christmas Heels
Copic Markers - R46 Strong Red, G 46 Mistletoe and C100 Black
Zig Wink Of Stella - Glitter Pens - Green and Light Green
Paper Smooches dies - Christmas Words 2
Glossy Accents
Piercing tool
Zig Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush - White
Mont Marte Metallic Fine Liner
Kaisercraft 6 1/2" Paper Pad - Mint Twist
red rhinestones
Foam Dots - under shoes & one holly leaf
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - liquid adhesive - used on patterned papers
Tombow Mono Multi - liquid adhesive - used to adhere sentiment & holly leaves

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges
~~~*~~~*~~~


~~~*~~~*~~~

with Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker
#thedailymarker30days


I have shared the details about the 30 Day Coloring Challenge HERE on my blog.

~~~*~~~*~~~

  

~~~*~~~*~~~

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and very girly! I like it without the red but that's just me - both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :)
      ... I prefer without the red too, so really appreciate your feedback!!!

      Delete
  2. Tracy, love the shoes, great Christmas cards. warm fuzzies {{{{{@-)}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful love the shoes. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR - Corrie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.