Wednesday 11 January 2017

Crafty Gals Corner - Challenge #105 - Use Patterned Paper

It's time for another challenge with us at the



This week we are letting our creative juices flow with
Challenge #105 - Use Patterned Paper

The sponsors for this challenge are:

Cute as a Button 

Prize: 3 Digital Images

My Besties

Sherri Baldy Etsy / Sherri Baldy Bestie Shop

    
Prize: The following 3 images

Sami Stamps
Prize: $12 Gift Certificate

Today I have used the IMG858 My Besties
digital stamp from Sherri Baldy, one of our generous sponsors this week.
I coloured the image using Copic markers (details below).

This 6x6" card is my first time making a twisted easel,
a fun fold that I look forward to making again.
The patterned paper is from the Fly Free 6 1/2" paper pad by Kaisercraft.  I chose this as I thought the design went well with the dress and background of the digital stamp.


It is difficult to see but the background panel has been coloured with shades of yellow using Copic markers.

I cut the wires from the flowers then adhered them in place using Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive ... it's like using a hot glue gun without the "hot".

I used the wires too.  I coiled each one around the end of one of my fine paint brushes, added a dollop of Helmar 450 Quick Dry to the end of each one and tucked them between the flowers.

You know how the colour bleeds through to the back when colouring with Copic markers?  Well I layered my finish image panel on some black cardstock and fussy cut it out, so that the portion that stands "free" when the card is open looks neat from the front and back.  I went around the edges with my Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip marker.

Here are some different views of this fancy fold and pretty image.



    

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Sherri Baldy - My Besties digital stamp - IMG858
X-Press It - A5 blending card
Copic markers - skin - E0000 E000 E00 R30
Copic markers - hair - E31 E33 E34 E35 E37
Copic markers - lips - RV04 R30
Copic markers - eyes YG25 YG67
Copic markers - dress - RV000 RV00 RV02 RV04 RV06 RV09
Copic markers - frame - RV09 RV29 YR08
Copic markers - background - Y0000 Y000 Y00 Y02
Copic markers - dog - E31 E33 E35
Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker
Kaisercraft - 6.5" paper pad - Fly Free
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Hot Pink
Kaisercraft - Mini Paper Blooms - Hot Pink
Grosgrain ribbon
Spellbinders Die D-Lites - Sentiments Three

~~~*~~~*~~~
Sending a big Thank You to Sherri Baldy for supplying the My Besties digital stamp I used today and for being a sponsor for Challenge #105 with us at the Crafty Gals Corner.
    
~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):
~~~*~~~*~~~

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful in pink ! Thank you for your participation in our challenge Colour it Create it Show it off and good luck. Regards, Gina DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Wonderful coloring. Love the color combo and paper. Thanks for joining us at My Besties International Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful twisted easle card. Love the image you have used. Thanks for joining us over at Besties International.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely charming card! The structure itself is so clever and I love how you paired those great angular folds with the soft floral elements. And your girl! She is gorgeous and you brought her to life so beautifully. I also think you have a wonderful eye for combining patterns and colors because the floral background paper you chose looks amazing. This card made me smile from ear to ear and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy it's very beautiful
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator



    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea in order to make the card.
    Hugs Bianca.
    DT My Besties Aussie Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous, what a great shape and beautifully colored. Thank you for joining the challenge of My Bestie International and My Bestie Dutch Girls Designs. Groetjes, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love your bright colours. Thank you to join our challenge at the Dutch My Besties and hope tot see you next time.

    with love from Holland,
    Dorothy, Dt coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy this is such a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us in February. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our Create with TLC challenge below.
    Hugs
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Color It Create It Show It Off DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ... Gorgeous !! love your coloring & your style .
    Thank you for joining us at My Bestie Aussie Challenge.
    Hugs Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pretty Pretty in Pink!!! Your coloring is fabulous too!!

    Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Color It Create It Show It Off.

    With smiles
    Laine Kammeraad
    DT Color It Create It Show It Off

    www.Hugs4TheHeartDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty in Pink. Thanks for sharing with us a Color it Create it Show it off.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card. I really like it.
    Thank you for joining as at My Besties Dutch Girls Design Challenge.
    Good luck with your entry.
    Greetz, Linette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!!! I love it!!! Thanks for enjoying us at mY Besties Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomesauce!!! I've got to learn how to do this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.